Begunia, Feb 27: At least two houses were gutted and properties worth lakhs were gutted after fire broke out at a house in Sarua village under Begunia block of Khordha district last night.
As per the report, sparks erupted at one Manguli Sahu’s house in the village late in the night and spread to another house located in the neighbourhood. Till the members of the victim family woke up and launched firefighting efforts on their own the blaze had taken a massive shape.
Till fire brigade officials from Begunia reached the spot by getting intimation, furniture, electronic items and other daily use items worth lakhs had been completely reduced to ashes.
While the flames have been contained of late, an electric short circuit is being suspected as the most possible cause for the mishap.