Boudh, June 16: A 55-year-old woman died of electrocution after an 11-KV electric wire snapped and fell on her in a village in Odisha’s Boudh district on Wednesday.
The deceased has been identified as Tarangini Rana, a resident of Badakhaligaon under Boudh Sadar Police Station limits in the district.
As per reports, Rana was on her way to take bath in the village when the high tension electric wire suddenly snapped and fell on her. She reportedly died on the spot.
Soon, large numbers of people gather near the spot. They have urged the State Government to provide adequate compensation to the bereaved families.
After getting information, police reached the spot, seized the body for autopsy and initiated a probe into the matter.
A pall of gloom descended on the village following the sad demise of the woman.