During his address, Naveen dubbed all the people of Odisha as his family members and said their distress in the form of selling land, jewellery and stopping children from going to school to arrange money for healthcare pains him. To end the plight he announced for the Smart Health Cards under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY).
The new initiative will pave way for a new era in the State, the CM added.
Main features of the Smart Health Card are:
- The new scheme will cover 3.5 cr people of 96 lakh families
- Each beneficiary family is entitled to avail treatment cost up to Rs 5 lakh per annum (male) and Rs 10 lakh (female)
- The Health Cards can be used at a chain of 200 hospitals across the country including Odisha
- Beneficiaries of National and State food security schemes, Annapurna and Antodaya beneficiaries will get this card
- The Smart Health Card will be distributed phase-wise
Naveen in his Independence Day address paid homage to father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi and other freedom fighters, immortal soldiers who attained martyrdom for the motherland as well as Covid warriors.