Bhanjanagar, May 29: At least nine houses were gutted and properties worth lakhs were lost in a massive fire which broke out in Kathachira village under Bhanjanagar police limits in Ganjam district on Saturday.
As per the report, sparks erupted inside a resident’s house in the morning while cooking was underway. The blaze spread very fast and engulfed eight more houses located in the neighborhood before the villagers could do anything to contain it.
Later, fire services personnel were called up for assistance as the residents failed bring the fire under control on their own.
Properties worth lakhs including furniture, electronic goods and food grains have been completely gutted in the mishap, says report.