“Odisha ranks very low in aspects of poverty eradication, hunger-free, quality education, gender quality and economic development. The NITI Aayog SDG India Index has once again showed the poor performance of the BJD Government,” said Sarangi.
Stating that Odisha, from bottom, stands 3rd in poverty eradication, 6th in hunger-free and 2nd in economic development, Sarangi posed some questions and sought answers from the State Government.
- The Union Government has given lakhs of houses but who have got those?
- Where is your development process?
- 48% women are anaemic and 29% of 5 years’ age group malnourished, why?
- From 2015-16, 5 lakh children have gone to private schools and 3 lakh have left schools. 68% of schools lack drinking water and electricity connection in Odisha. Where are funds of the Union Government and State Government going?
- Violence against women on the rise. Will it be wrong to say that the BJD Government has failed in giving protection to women?
- Conviction rate is only 8.3%. Will the State Government say when the women will be protected from violence?