Berhampur, Dec 12: In a shocking incident, a couple has been electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a snapped electric wire in Burupada village under Hinjilicut Police limits in Ganjam district on Saturday.
The deceased couple has been identified as Hina Samal (65) and his wife Bishnu Samal (55) of the same locality.
As per the report, the couple had been to their farmland where they had grown cauliflower at around 4 am in the wee hours. While trying to pluck cauliflower the duo accidentally touched a snapped high-voltage power transmission line which had fallen on the plants and were electrocuted.
Hina’s son Gauda Samal rushed the duo to Hinjili Medical for treatment in a 108 ambulance immediately but doctors declared them brought dead.
A pal of gloom descended on the village post the mishap.