The fresh fatalities include one each person from Angul, Cuttack, Keonjhar, and Sundargarh districts; two each from Puri and Rayagada; and four from Khordha.
The Health Depart revealed the identity of the deceased persons as mentioned below.
1. A 38 years old male of Angul district.
2. A 60 years female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Hypothyroidism.
3. A 37 years old male of Bhubaneswar.
4. A 46 years old female of Cuttack district.
5. A 40 years old male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
6. A 47 years old male of Khordha district.
7. A 53 years old male of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
8. A 67 years old male of Puri district.
9. A 74 years old male of Puri district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
10. A 52 years old male of Rayagada district.
11. A 32 years old male of Rayagada district.
12. A 67 years old male of Sundargarh district.
With this, the total death toll due to Covid-19 in Odisha increased to 2,029.
Today, Odisha reported as many as 6,998 fresh Covid-19 cases, taking the Covid-19 tally of the State to 4,35513, according to latest data of the Health Department.
Khordha district recorded the maximum number of fresh cases at 919, followed by Cuttack at 517, Sundargarh at 474 and Nuapada at 420.