Devine wedding of Lord Lingaraj and Devi Parvati at Kedargauri temple to be celebrated sans devotees
Bhubaneswar, June 4: Devine wedding of Lord Lingaraj Mahaprabhu and Devi Parvati will be celebrated at the Kedargauri temple here in Odisha sans devotees this year in view of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) today gave its nod to conduct the marriage of Lord Lingaraj and Devi Parvati inside Kedargauri Temple from June 15 to 16 on the occasion of ‘Sitalsashti’ even if the State Government has imposed Covid- 19 lockdown till June 17.
“The Lingaraj Temple Trust, Bhubaneswar is hereby allowed to conduct the sacred marriage celebration of Lord Lingaraj Mahaprabhu and Devi Parvati from 15.06.2021 to 16.06.2021 inside the Kedargauri temple premises during the COVID- 19 lockdown period,” read an order issued by the BMC.
The civic body issued following guidelines for the auspicious rituals:
1. Maximum of 07(Seven) SEBAYATS only are allowed to perform the sacred marriage celebration. The Executive Officer, Lingaraj Temple Trust to submit the list of 07 names of SEBAYATS to Commissioner, BMC and no other SEBAYATS are allowed.
2. During the sacred marriage celebration devotees / localities are not allowed to the temple for worship/ any other purpose whatsoever and all temple gates to remain closed to avoid gatherings of any kind.
3. During the sacred marriage celebration tent decoration / miking / sound system / Genset /fireworks / feast are not allowed.
4. On 15.06.2021, the movement of deity will start from Lingaraj Temple to Kedar Gauri Temple by BIMAN and PALINKI at 11.00PM. and reach by 11.45PM. On 16.06.2021, the deity will return at 10.30 PM and reach Lingaraj Temple by 11.45 PM.
5. Throughout the sacred marriage celebration strict personal hygiene and social distancing at all times to be maintained as per Government guidelines.
6. Further, adequate social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet should be maintained.
7. The location of the sacred marriage celebration should be sanitized after completion of the celebration.
8. If any SARI / ILI symptoms developed in any of the SEBAYATS, they will not be allowed to participate, &the members to immediately inform Executive Officer, Lingaraj Temple Trust / ZDC / Ward Officer for immediate & necessary action.
9. No decoration of any kind is allowed in both the temples-Lingaraj Mahaprabhu and Kedar Gauri Temple.
10. This permission letter to be produced before the enforcement authorities / Police authorities’ throughout the celebration.
11. Any deviation to the Social Distancing / Sanitization / Orders issued by Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) / H&FW department of Govt. of Odisha/ Special Relief Commissioner Govt. of Odisha will attract revocation of the permission.
12. The entire celebration of Lord Lingaraj Mahaprabhu and Devi Parvati will be conducted in police security and DCP, Bhubaneswar to ensure no public is allowed to enter in to the temple premises and there shall not be any congregation en route.
Monalisa, bright example of women empowerment
Jajpur, Jun 4: At a time when development planners keep discussing women empowerment putting behind all aspects of growth, a common woman belonging to a peasant family of a village in Jajpur district has made them think more on the capability of women by way of her uncommon deeds. The woman, Monalisa
11,347 more Covid patients recover in Odisha; 7,24,402 cured so far
Bhubaneswar, Jun 4: Another 11,347 Covid patients have recovered and are being discharged from different hospitals in Odisha, informed the State Health and Family Welfare Department on Friday. The State had reported 10,434 recoveries yesterday. Out of 11,347 fresh cases, the highest number of 1,801
Bhubaneswar reports 753 new Covid-19 cases; Active cases stand at 10,131
Bhubaneswar, June 4: As many as 753 new Covid-19 positive cases have been reported from Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) area in Odisha in the last 24 hours, informed the BMC on Friday.The State Capital recorded 898 Covid-19 positive cases yesterday.Out of the 753 fresh cases, 126 cases were detected
Positivity rate to dip to 5% by June 17: Dr Mishra
Bhubaneswar, Jun 4: Noted health expert Dr Niroj Mishra on Friday said the test positivity rate (TPR) in the State will come down to 5% by end of the current lockdown i.e June 17. “Corona infection in the second wave has already crossed the peak in the State. The test positive rate is on the decline now.
Alia's then and now pictures make Jacqueline go 'aww'
Mumbai, June 4: Actress Alia Bhatt on Friday shared two pictures on social media, which has melted the hearts of many. Alia posted two pictures on Instagram. The first has her dressed in a yellow co-ord with daffodil prints and a hat. The second picture is from her childhood. In both the photographs
Odisha’s global tender for Covid-19 vaccines gets 2 bids
Bhubaneswar, June 4: Odisha has received two bids in response to global e-tender floated by the State Government to procure Covid-19 vaccines, officials said on Friday. "In response to the global e-tender floated by the OSMCL for procurement of vaccines from manufacturers across the globe, two bids
Download Argus News App