Angul, Feb 12: An elderly woman suffered severe burn injuries after her sari caught fire at her house in Gopinathpur village under Khamar police station in Odisha’s Angul district on Friday.
The woman, identified as Jamo Purti, has been admitted to the District Headquarters Hospital here with 70 % burns.
As per reports, the woman was cooking the meal on a hot this morning. At that time, her sari reportedly caught fire from the fire wood, injuring her from head to toe.
The woman was rescued in a critical condition and rushed to Khamar hospital. After primary treatment, she was shifted to the District Headquarter Hospital here. Her condition was stated to be critical when the last reports came in.