Cuttack, Feb 28: Visitors had a narrow shave after a major fire broke out at the Eco Retreat Luxury Glamping site at Satkosia today morning to reduce at least three makeshift tents into ashes completely.
As per the report, sparks erupted at one of the cottages set up at Baliput under Narasinghpur block early in the morning triggering a panic among the staff as well as visitors. However, all escaped unhurt from the inferno by taken timely step.
Local fire brigade and police teams rushed to the spot immediately and took almost one hour to bring the blaze under control.
Later, BJD MLA from Baramba Debi Prasad Mishra visited the fire mishap site and took stock of the situation.
While the exact reason of the fire is yet to be ascertained, an electric short circuit is being suspected for the same.
Notably, Odisha Tourism’s flagship three-month long glamping festival began at five major tourist destinations in the State on December 9, 2020 including Satkosia. The festival will come to an end today.