The house, owned by one Baban Chandra Parida, reduced to ashes following a LPG cylinder blast inside the house.
As per reports, a cooking gas cylinder exploded in the kitchen room of the house following which the fire engulfed the house.
On being informed, four fire tenders rushed to the spot and doused the flame. By that time, all the four rooms of the house were reduced to ashes.
Property worth lakhs of rupees was destroyed in the mishap. However, no casualty or injuries have been reported so far.
Meanwhile, local police reached the spot and started a probe into the matter.