Subarnapur, Feb 27: Properties including food items were reduced to ashes completely after Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder leakage triggered a massive fire at a shop in Binika area of Sonepur district on Saturday.
As per the report, the owner of the Sahu Hotel located near new Binika bus stand was replacing an empty cooking gas cylinder with a new one when the mishap took place.
Due to a suspected technical glitch the cylinder developed a leakage and caught fire.
As the blaze grew to a massive proportion subsequently, sweets and other food items along with a refrigerator kept at the shop were completely reduced to ashes.
The flames could be contained only after the local fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot and launched firefighting efforts.