In a shocking incident a man along with his daughter-in-law was electrocuted to death in Thangapada village under Bissam Cuttack block in Rayagada district today.
The deceased have been identified as Dahani Mandika and Sumitra Mandika.
As per the report, Sumitra was readying to open the grill of the kitchen at her house to prepare tea when unknowingly touched a snapped electric wire and got electrocuted. Dahani, who was nearby also got electric shock in a bid to save his daughter-in-law.
Both the victims were rushed to Bissam Cuttack Community Health Centre (CHC) after rescue by the villagers but died under treatment.
A pal of gloom has descended on the victim family as Sumitra was reportedly pregnant at the time of death.