Balasore, Apr 26: In an unfortunate incident, a man was electrocuted to death while taking bath in a pond in which a Low Tension (LT) snapped electric wire had fallen in Puagadia village under Nilagiri Police Station in Balasore district on Monday.
The deceased has been identified as Deepak Dash, of the same locality.
Deepak had been to taken bath in the pond located on the outskirts of the village in the noon when the mishap took place. A snapped LT wire from a pole located adjacent to the pond had fallen into it which he failed to spot and got electrocuted soon after entering into the water.
The victim’s family members reached the spot after getting information on the mishap and rushed him to Nilagiri medical. He was declared brought dead by the doctors.
Nilagiri Police has lodged a case of unnatural death in connection with the electrocution.