Cuttack, Apr 4: The Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) here in Odisha on Saturday capped the maximum number of attendants for wedding celebrations and funerals in its jurisdiction in light of the rising number of COVID-19 cases.
As per an order issued by the CMC, the maximum number of people allowed to attend in marriage-related functions and death rituals are 100 and 50 respectively.
The order will come into effect from April 6, said the civic body.
The detail guidelines are as follows:
- For marriage related functions the maximum number of persons allowed are 100 with strict adherence to COVID appropriate behaviour and maintenance of social distancing.
- For death rituals related functions the maximum number of persons allowed are 50 with adherence to COVID appropriate behaviour and social distancing.
- The following kinds of functions are strictly prohibited until further order:
- Events and gatherings related to Promotional Activities/Conferences/Conclaves etc.
- Centenary/ Golden Jubilee/Silver Jubilee etc celebrations of institutions.
4. Annual Events/Annual Functions of Educational and other institutions.For other kinds of social gatherings the host shall have to obtain specific permission from CMC which will be given keeping in view the requirement of the host and prevailing pandemic situation subject to maximum participants ceiling of 100 persons.
5. Any permission given earlier if any, regarding number of participants and conduct of functions on and after 06-04-2021 shall stand modified accordingly and no separate modification order will be issued by CMC.