Subarnapur, Apr 25: In a tragic incident, a two-year-old boy was burnt alive after leakage in a Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder triggered fire at a house in Sankara village under Binika of Subarnapur district here on Sunday.
The deceased has been identified as Babushan Guduria.
The mishap took place in the wee hours today while the preparation of breakfast was underway at the kitchen of the victim’s house. An LPG cylinder which was under use for cooking developed a leakage due to technical glitch and went of in flames, which engulfed Bubushan.
While family members rescued him in a critical state with burn injuries which were severe in nature and rushed to Binika Hospital, the doctors declared him brought dead.
Local fire brigade officials rushed to the spot and doused the flames subsequently.