Angul, Feb 28: Commuters were left in a state of panic in Banabira village under Bantala Police Station in Angul district after a moving car caught fire on road and driver jumped out to save his life.
As per the report, a Hyundai car was en-route to its destination from Jamunda area in the district today morning when the mishap took place. While passing through Banabira village a few amount of dry creeping plants stuck to the silencer pipe of the car which the driver failed to detect.
As a result, a spark erupted at the silencer pipe and later spread to the whole vehicle while the same was on the move.
Some villagers who spotted the car on fire intimated the driver about the same to cause him jump out and save his life.
The blaze was brought under control after fire fighting efforts by the villagers and the driver of the vehicle.