The couple, identified as Dukhabandhu Sahu and his wife Panchali Sahu, were found dead in their bedroom this morning, family members said.
Family members said that the bedroom, in which the couple were found dead this morning, was filled with smoke due to short circuit in a fan that was on last night.
They suspected the couple died of asphyxiation under the impact of smoke.
A pall of gloom has descended on the villagers after the demise of the elderly couple.
On being informed, police reached the spot and started an investigation in this connection.