Bhubaneswar, Jun 3: Odisha stands 19th in the NITI Aayog’s SDG India Index Rankings-2020-21, which was published on Thursday. Odish was 15th in the preceding index.
Odisha has got a score of 61 against topper Kerala’s 75 and bottom-listed Bihar’s 58.
The rating was assessed on the performances in social, economical and environmental sectors.
Below are key aspects of Odisha as per the report:
* Population below poverty line (%): 32.59.
* Households covered by health scheme/insurance (%): 47.70.
* Households living in kutcha houses (%): 14.20.
* Beneficiaries under NFSA (%): 94.98.
* Children under 5 years of age who are underweight (%): 29.20.
* Maternal Mortality Ratio (per 1,00,000 live births): 150.
* Suicide rate (per 1,00,000 population): 10.50.
* Death rate due to road accidents per 1,00,000 population: 11.82.
* Physicians, nurses and midwives per 10,000 population: 39.
* Persons (>15 years) who are literate (%): 72.50.
* Schools with access to electricity, drinking water (%): 68.71.
* Crimes against women per 1,00,000 female population: 103.50.
* Sex ratio at birth: 933.
* Women in managerial positions in listed companies (per 1,000 persons): 206.