Balasore, Mar 6: More than 50 people, including women and children, were taken ill after consuming food offered as 'prasad' in Odisha's Balasore district on Friday night.
All of them reportedly had the 'prasad' at a temple in Gilajodi village under Basta block in the district last night.
They complained of nausea, severe lower abdomen pain and high fever soon after consuming 'prasad' in the temple.
All of them were rushed to the nearby Paunsakuli hospital. Later, some of the sick persons have been admitted to the Community Health in Basta.
Most of them are reportedly children who are suffering from diarrhoea.
"It is case of food poisoning. The 'prasad' is suspected to have been prepared with contaminated food material," said a doctor.