Bhadrak, Dec 14: Property worth lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes after a massive fire broke out at a house in Nuasasan village under Tihidi police limits in Odisha’s Bhadrak district late last night.
According to reports, the house of one Kailash Panda of Panda street in the village caught fire late last night.
Locals noticed the smoke emitting from the house and alerted the fire department, following which, Tihidi fire tenders swung into action and doused the flames.
Paddy, rice, furniture and other household goods worth several lakh rupees were reportedly destroyed in the fire mishap.
However, no injury or loss of life was reported so far.
The reason behind the fire was not known yet and the exact loss could be calculated after the complete inspection, an official said.