Puri, Feb 10: A public hearing was conducted on behalf of the Puri district administration here on Wednesday for acquisition of balance of the targeted land around the Shreemandir under the World Heritage City dream project of the State Government.
It was revealed that 87% of land has already been acquired and the rest 13% will be taken from residents on a consensus as per the rehabilitation and resettlement policy of the State Government. A public hearing was conducted for the purpose under the Section 16 (5) of the Land Acquisition Act.
While a total of 15.146 acres of land from Baseli Sahi, Manikarnika Sahi, Kalikadevi Sahi, Dolamanda Sahi and Chudanga Sahi were to be acquired, about 11 acres have already been taken by the administration. The rest 4 acres will be taken to the fold of the administration.
People, who are going to be losers or displaced, kept their views at the public hearing. Such a hearing had been held earlier in October 2020.
It was also further revealed that a total of 37 plots measuring four acres will be acquired for the project. While a consensus was reached for handover of many plots, the to-be displaced persons demanded that they be provided undisputed plots in lieu of their land.