The shop owner claimed that property worth around Rs 8 lakh was destroyed in the fire mishap.
However, no casualties or injuries have been reported so far.
Rayagada, Jul 12: A grocery-cum-bangle shop was gutted after fire broke out at Pagadbil village under Gunpur block in Odisha’s Rayagada district on Monday.
Property worth around Rs 8 lakh was reportedly destroyed in the mishap. However, no casualties or injuries have been reported so far.
As per reports, locals noticed smoke billowing from a grocery-cum-bangle shop, owned by one Radha kanta Padhi of Pagadbil village, this morning.
They immediately alerted the fire tenders in this regard.
On being informed, the fire tenders reached the spot and doused the flame. By the time the fire was brought under control, the shop was gutted.
The shop owner said that currency notes worth Rs 1.40 lakh were burnt while documents, furniture, grocery items and bangles were completely destroyed. “Property worth around Rs 8 lakh was destroyed in the mishap,” he claimed.
A short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the fire, officials said.
Meanwhile, the Revenue Department officials reached the village to assess the loss due to the fire mishap.
After getting information, local police also reached the spot and started an investigation into the matter.