The deceased has been identified as Parbati Pujari.
The incident occured late last night when Parbati was about to close the iron gate of her house.
Without knowing that the iron door was connected to electric current, Parbati reportedly held it and subsequently got electrocuted, falling unconscious on the floor.
The family members rescued Parbati and rushed her to the Community Health Centre (CHC) in Papadahandi, where the doctor declared the woman ‘brought dead’.
On being informed, Dabugam police reached the spot and started investigation into the matter.
A case of unnatural death has been registered. The body will be handed over to the family members after post-mortem, police said.