The deceased has been identified as Pramila Soreng, a staff of district culture office, Sundergarh.
As per the report, Pramila was talking over her mobile phone by roaming around on the terrace of her rented house when accidentally touched a snapped 11Kv wire.
She was rescued by some neighbours in critical condition to be sent to a nearby hospital but died under treatment there.
Post the mishap, Town Police rushed to the hospital and sent the body for autopsy.
After the landlord of the rented house where Pramila lived lodged a complaint with police alleging negligence of Electricity Department in the incident, an investigation was launched to find out under what circumstances the electrocution occurred.