Announcing the new measures to contain the spread of Covid cases in the State, Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) PK Jena said, “In the interest of public health and containment of the spread of COVID19 in the State, weekend shutdown on Saturday & Sunday in all urban areas of the State with effect from April 24.”
However, essential services, including healthcare and water supply, will be exempted from the purview of the shut down ,he added.
During the weekend shutdown all activities shall be closed except the following:
- All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, including medicine stores, movement of Ambulance and all medical personnel are exempted from the restrictions.
- District and Municipal Administration/ police/ Fire Services are also exempted.
- Central & State Government officials on emergency duty , telecom services, petrol pumps ‘ LPG distribution, home delivery of cooking gas and associated facilities, associated personnel and vehicular movement are allowed to work.
- Print and Electronic Media identified by Commissionerate/ District police.
Other services exempted during the shutdown are:
- Water Supply, sanitation and sewerage workers.
- Electricity supply and distribution.
- Movement of goods and goods carriers, whether loaded or unloaded.
- Industrial establishments, factories and construction activities.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, Veteriqary Seruices and allied activities, including procurement at Mandis.
- Service sector industries, including IT/ ITeS, Hotel & Hospitality units.
- Operation of hotels and hospitality units, including their associated offices, movement of staff and associated personnel.
- Movement of rail and air transport, Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles.
- Movement of Public Transport, private vehicles and taxis (including cabs by aggregators like Ola, Uber, etc.) to and from airports, railway station and bus terminals/ stands/ltops, for facilitating movement of passengers by air, rail and road.
- Marriages and Funerals, with permission of local authority.
- ATMs and critical financial institutions like RBI, clearing Houses.
- Operations of Airpofts, Railway Stations, Bus Terminals and their associated offices, movement of associated personnel and activities.
- Home Delivery of food, groceries, vegetables and essential items by restaurants and aggregators such as Zomato, Swiggy, etc.
- Dhabas along National and State Highways/ Major roads for takeaway only.
- Milk booths and related activities, Food & Grocery stores such as Reliance Fresh, Big Bazaar, Chilika Fresh and others for home delivery only
- .Newspaper hawkers between 5.00 am to 8.00 am only.
The State Government has already imposed weekend shutdown in 10 districts bordering Chhattisgarh including Sundargarh, Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Bargarh, Nuapada, Kalahandi, Bolangir, Nabarngpur, Koraput and Malkangiri, staring from April 17.
The Government also extended night curfew to all urban areas of the state.
Jena also urged people to strictly follow the guidelines issued by the State Government.