--Six more persons died of Covid19 infection in Odisha in last 24 hours. With new fatalities, State’s death toll mounted to 8,163 on Friday.
Bhubaneswar, Sep 24: Covid19 claimed six more lives in Odisha, taking the State’s death toll to 8,163, according to the Odisha Covid dashboard updated at 10.18am today.
The data showed that three fatalities were reported each from Cuttack and Sundargarh district. With new fatalities, Cuttack’s total death toll rose to 833 and Sundargarh’s to 576.
The Health Department, however, claimed that the deaths didn’t happen on a single day.
“This list does not reflect deaths occuring on a particular day. It gives details of past deaths for which the death audit process has been duly completed and the cause of death has been identified as due to Covid-19,” tweeted the department.
The details of the new deaths are:
- A 79-year-old male of Cuttack district.
- An 80-year-old female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from hypertension.
- A 58-year-old female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from hypertension.
- A 65-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from hypertension.
- An 80-year-old female of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from chronic renal failure, hypertension.
- An 80-year-old male of Sundargarh District.