In its advisory, the BMC has asked petrol pumps not to sell fuel to customers don’t come wearing facemask/face cover appropriately. The fuel station owners should also put proper signage at appropriate place for the information of all.
“There has been a sudden increase in number of daily Covid-19 cases within BMC area in the last fortnight, which requires caution among the citizens of BMC. Proper wearing of face mask/face cover is a key method to check the spread of COVID virus. Thus, an appropriate advisory is hereby issued to check the spread of infectious disease and for its containment,” read the BMC advisory.
Points of advisory:
- All citizens residing within BMC area as well as outside citizens coming to BMC area or present in BMC area are requested to wear face mask/face cover appropriately while in public places.
- Appropriate use of face mask/face cover means that, it should cover the mouth and nose properly.
- The owners of business establishments like shopping malls/shops/store owners shall not allow any staff o r customers without face mask/face cover inside their premises. They shall also put appropriate signage “NO MASK NO ENTRY / NO MASK NO GOODS” at the entry point of their premises for information of all concerned.
- The fuel refilling stations shall not sell fuels to customers not wearing face mask/face cover appropriately. The fuel station owners to also put proper signage at appropriate place for information of all.
- The CEO/Managers/Head of the offices of Govt as well as private offices shall ensure that their employees are wearing face masks/face covers at all times while in their offices premises except when they are taking tiffin/lunches during lunch time.
- The above advisory is in addition to adherence of other COVID appropriate behaviours like
- Any violations on the above-mentioned advisory will attract penalty under the provisions of Odisha COVID-19 Regulations and amendments made time to time.