The deceased has been identified as Linkan Baral of Davara village under Gop police limits.
According to the reports, Linkan was carrying out repair work on an 11kv electric pole over which 33 kv electric wires were passing. Suddenly, a 33kv live wire fell on the 11kv electric line on which the deceased was working. He got electrocuted and fell off the pole.
Though Linkan was immediately taken to the local hospital, he was declared dead there.
Locals have demanded compensation to be provided to the family of the deceased.